Stay Positive


"In the midst of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."

- Alert Camus








Monday, March 11, 2019

Dvořák - Song to the moon - Renée Fleming, Last night of the Proms - SEP...

  

Dvořák - Song to the moon - Renée Fleming (Soprano)
Jiri Belohlavek (Conductor)
BBC Symphony Orchestra
Last night at the Proms 2010
London Royal Albert Hall...


English Translation of "Song to the Moon"

Moon, high and deep in the sky
Your light sees far,
You travel around the wide world,
and see into people's homes.
Moon, stand still a while
and tell me where is my dear.
Tell him, silvery moon,
that I am embracing him.
For at least momentarily
let him recall of dreaming of me.
Illuminate him far away,
and tell him, tell him who is waiting for him!
If his human soul is, in fact, dreaming of me,
may the memory awaken him!
Moonlight, don't disappear, disappear!









No comments:

Post a Comment