Stay Positive


"In the midst of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."

- Alert Camus








Friday, January 29, 2016

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride

Wishing for a cure should not take the place of practical actions you can take to keep your body in a healthy condition, such as following a low fat, heart healthy diet as proposed by Dean Ornish, M.D.

 

If wishes were horses

Common modern versions include:
If wishes were horses, beggars would ride:
If turnips were watches, I'd wear one by my side,:
If, If's and And's were pots and pans, there'd be no work for tinkers' hands.:
A shorter version appears below.
If wishes were horses
Beggars would ride:
If turnips were bayonets:
I would wear one by my side:



Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_wishes_were_horses,_beggars_would_ride

 

No comments:

Post a Comment