Stay Positive


"In the midst of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."

- Alert Camus








Friday, March 7, 2014

Boohoo... my life sounds dismal on paper.



It pays to be upbeat and to keep moving froward.

"If we can overcome early loss and not let it become magnified, that can help us move forward.  That's not always easy to do, but even someone who hs faced a very great loss can learn to do it.  I  once read that General Robert E. Lee visited the beautiful home of a wealthy widow after the Civil War.  During their visit, she showed him what was left of a magnificent old tree that had been badly damaged by Union artillery fire.  The woman told Lee about the impact of its loss to her, expecting him to sympathize.  Instead, after a long pause he advised, "Cut it down, my dear madam, and forget it."  He advised her to move on.  We also need how to do that in a positive way."

From a book called... "Sometimes you win, Sometimes you learn" by John C. Maxwell that I took out at the library because of the catchy title.Create new post

No comments:

Post a Comment