Stay Positive


"In the midst of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."

- Alert Camus








Tuesday, August 13, 2013

How To Stop Worrying


The Mindfulness Approach to Worry

Consider this mindfulness approach next time you get bogged down in a sea of worry that looses you sleep and causes you mental suffering. Simply say the following to yourself to balance your worry with clearer seeing:
  • No one ever worried their way to prosperity, in any aspect of life.
  • I am preventing myself from seeing clearly and taking appropriate action.
  • Worry will only lead me to irrational decisions based on non-realities (things that haven’t happened and probably won’t)
  • My worry is infectious. It makes others worry too, causing unnecessary tension and stress.
  • Worrying like this will make me stressed and possibly make me ill.
  • No amount of worrying will make my situation better; only taking appropriate action can improve my situation.
It’s easy to worry, and sometimes impossible to avoid. But for the most part, unnecessary worry can be tempered by simply affirming the above and presenting logical balance to your state of mind.




How To Stop Worrying

Link:  http://www.pocketmindfulness.com/how-to-stop-worrying-the-mindfulness-approach/



No comments:

Post a Comment