Stay Positive


"In the midst of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."

- Alert Camus








Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Confusing and Creating Memories



This list of drummers is a a great resource if you get in a trivia contest.... or mix up Bob Hoskins with Phil Collins.  My Multiple Sclerosis addled brain connected them into the one person Hoskins the actor who was also a famous rock drummer before becoming a great actor.  I was admiring the composite as one man.  He seemed to possess so much talent in one vessel that it made me more than a little envious. 

I was certain that I'd heard a radio interview with the drummer turned actor but no luck looking him up there.  I turned to looking through this extensive list of drummers and lo and behold there was Phil Collins looking a lot like Bob Hoskins.  

This kind of mistake isn't uncommon for me. Sometimes things you dream take on an aspect of reality and over time you might forget the incident was just a dream.

It is called __________.  Help me out with this one... is there a list where I can find the name?


This incident is an example of how to use the Internet to overcome memory difficulties that are part of M.S. and of the general aging process.  The internet is my external hard drive boosting my brain power.  The old phrase was that "the pencil is mightier than the greatest mind" when it comes to memories.  Now we have the Internet to fulfill that function.  And we can cross check our facts.





The 100 Most Influencial Drummers Ever! Link


The 100 Most Influential Drummers Ever!

The 100 Most Influential Drummers Ever!
 There have been many good drummers over the years. There have also been many who were truly excellent. But, above all of them, are those whose playing and music has influenced countless thousands of us around the world.
Here we have The 100 Most Influential Drummers Ever and their 5 top tracks to download. From Jazz to Heavy Metal, and from Hip Hop to Funk, these players have had a huge impact and left a an enduring legacy.
The list isn't in order of most influential, it'd be impossible to rank these players from 1 to 100 that way. Instead, the list starts with the guys who were born furthest back in time, starting with the 1890's and early 1900's.
Note: this page has a lot of images and may take a few seconds to load on your screen. Now dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment